The Lancaster to Barrow rail line will be closed until at least April 21 as repair works continue following last month’s derailment.
Specialist teams have successfully moved the train after the incident near Grange, and now repair work is continuing.
Around 150m away from the derailment location, a void in the ground has opened. Network Rail is working with the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) to determine the cause of the void and the train derailment.
Passengers are advised that disruption on the Furness Line between Lancaster and Barrow is set to continue for a number of weeks.
Related story:
De-railed Lancaster-Barrow train lifted back onto tracks by crane as line remains closed
A rail replacement service is running between Barrow-in-Furness and Lancaster, in both directions. Northern said services running between Windermere and Manchester Airport, and between Barrow-in-Furness and Workington are not affected by the incident.
Journey times will be extended by approximately 90 minutes when travelling using rail replacement transport.

A Network Rail spokesperson said: "We are expecting the line to reopen by the end of the month. The work taking place over the next few days is critical in determining a more accurate timeline.
"Once this is established, we will be able to advise passengers of a reopening date. It is expected the line will be closed until at least 21 April, however, due to the complex nature of the issue, it is difficult to say for sure at this stage."


Crunch meeting called to vote on future of Morecambe sports and social club
PHOTOS: New images reveal plan for major renovations at Morecambe's iconic Midland Hotel
Stunning new drone images show 100 'Eric Morecambes' on beach to celebrate centenary
Rescue team's warning after motorist cut off by rising tide
Trapped person freed from vehicle after crash in Heysham
Firefighters tackle house fire in Lancaster
Firefighters called to wildfire in Lancaster
UPDATED: Police put 48 hour dispersal order in place after report of stabbing and arrests in Lancaster
Eden Project Morecambe Hub set to open as start of work on site draws closer
Morecambe BID gets overwhelming backing to continue for another five years
Forces veteran launches campaign to stop demolition of former Morecambe bus shelter
LISTEN: "A thriving Winter Gardens benefits Morecambe"
New mural unveiled to brighten up crime hot-spot in Lancaster city centre
New upgrades unveiled at cherished Lancaster woodland
Silverdale holiday park celebrates Cumbria Tourism award success
'Exceptional' Ofsted report for Lancaster school-based teacher trainers
Morecambe lifeboat crew called out to people watching eclipse
PHOTOS: Once in a generation solar eclipse delights people across Lancaster and Morecambe Bay
Government housing inspectors tell Lancaster City Council that improvement is needed

